What are “Capital” grants?
Boettcher Foundation capital grants are funds provided toward the purchase, construction or major renovation of a building to be owned and used by a Colorado nonprofit organization.
Am I required to complete the Prequalification Form?
Yes, this is required. This is a very important step in our new process and will help you find out whether your Colorado-based nonprofit is eligible to apply.
What are the eligibility requirements for Boettcher Foundation Capital Grants?
To be eligible for a Boettcher Foundation capital grant, organizations must be:
- a Colorado-registered nonprofit organization (IRS tax-exempt designation 501(c)(3)) or a governmental entity
- seeking funding for a capital project within Colorado to serve Colorado residents
Ineligible Organizations are those which:
- primarily serve animals (rescue, shelter, sanctuary, etc.)
- are seeking funding for religious purposes such as a worship or education center
Additionally, Boettcher Foundation does not typically fund projects for:
- equipment and/or furnishings only
- vehicle purchase(s)
- routine repairs & maintenance
- an endowment only
- providing permanent housing including low-income options
- an athletic facility and/or field, an open space and/or a park
- historic preservation where the facility will not be utilized by the community
- healthcare facilities such as clinics or hospitals, and including mental health, dental and hospice care
- K-12 school facilities
- emergency services facilities such as fire stations and police stations as well as ambulance/EMS, dispatch/response, or search-and-rescue operations
What are the deadlines for completing the Prequalification Form in order to apply for a Capital Grant in 2013?
Under our new Capital Grants strategy, Boettcher Foundation will make grants three times a year in the following categories:
- Community Enrichment: March 15, 2013
- Social Services: August 1, 2013
- Education: November 15, 2013
These deadlines are firm so we strongly encourage completing the Prequalification Form well before the deadline date noted above in order to begin the process! There is no “opening” date for completing the Prequalification Form for any category, so feel free to fill out the Form as early as you like.
Please email us at email@example.com if you are not sure which category your organization would be considered under.
How do I apply?
- Complete the required Prequalification Form. If you meet the basic criteria you will be asked to complete a brief capital grant on-line information form (Step 2).
- Complete the capital grant on-line information form. We will review the on-line information form to determine if an invitation to submit a proposal will be issued (Step 3).
- After receiving our invitation, submit a proposal using Colorado Common Grant forms. The invitation you receive from us will include information on where to access the application form.
Do you accept the Colorado Common Grant Application for Capital Campaigns?
Yes. Organizations that are invited to apply should complete the Common Grant Application for Capital Campaigns. Instructions for applicants will be provided in our invitation.
What if I miss the deadline for my category in 2013?
Check back with us later in 2013 when we will know our schedule for 2014, then complete the Prequalification Form as early as possible to start the process.